GoOutThere! Outdoor Challenge – Terms of Service
- Version 1, last updated on: 15/12/2022
GoOutThere! Outdoor Challenge is a web platform for creating adventures and challenges for adult people (18-69) to motivate them to venture in the open nature. It is maintained by a Consortium of non-governmental organisations: Expert Pool – Bulgaria, Eprojectconsult – Istituto Europeo di Formazione e Ricerca – Italy, Association GLAS, and European Republic – Greece, herewith known as “the Consortium”.
The service is free for users. It is created within the project 101050672 „GoOutThere! Outdoor Challenge “, funded by the Erasmus+ Programme.
Funded by the European Union. Views and opinions expressed are however those of the author(s) only and do not necessarily reflect those of the European Union or EACEA. Neither the European Union nor the granting authority can be held responsible for them.
- Terms of Service:
The following terms and conditions govern all use of the GOT OUTDOOR platform and all related services available through it. The platform and services are owned and operated by THE CONSORTIUM, hereinafter referred to as “the Service”.
The Service offered is subject to your acceptance of the present terms of service as well as all other operating rules, policies and procedures that may be published at any time.
Please read this agreement carefully before accessing or using the service. By accessing or using any part of the platform, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you must not access the platform or use the Service.
The service is available only to individuals who accept the terms below.
- Your GOT OUTDOOR account. If you create an account on the platform, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and surveys, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with your account. You must immediately notify THE CONSORTIUM of any unauthorized use of your account, or any other breaches of security. THE CONSORTIUM will not be liable for any acts or omissions made by you, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
- Responsibility of participants. THE CONSORTIUM has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material posted to the different surveys, and cannot, therefore, be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the platform, THE CONSORTIUM does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there created, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content.
THE CONSORTIUM disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by users of the service or from any downloading by those persons of content there available.
- Content Posted on Other Websites. THE CONSORTIUM cannot review all of the material, including computer software, made available through user-generated surveys and webpages to which GOT OUTDOOR links, and that link to GOT OUTDOOR. THE CONSORTIUM does not have any control over those non-GOT OUTDOOR websites and webpages and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-GOT OUTDOOR website or webpage, THE CONSORTIUM does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. THE CONSORTIUM disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-GOT OUTDOOR websites and webpages.
- Copyright Infringement. As THE CONSORTIUM asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by a survey violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify THE CONSORTIUM. THE CONSORTIUM will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. THE CONSORTIUM will terminate a user’s access to and use of the platform if, under appropriate circumstances, the user is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of THE CONSORTIUM or others.
- Changes. THE CONSORTIUM reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this agreement. Your continued use of the service or access to the GOT OUTDOOR platform following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. THE CONSORTIUM may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the platform (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this agreement.
- Termination. THE CONSORTIUM may terminate your access to all or any part of the GOT OUTDOOR Service, and so, platform at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this agreement or your GOT OUTDOOR account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Website. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. The GOT OUTDOOR platform is provided “as is”. THE CONSORTIUM and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither THE CONSORTIUM nor its suppliers and licensors make any warranty that the platform will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted.
- Limitation of Liability. In no event will THE CONSORTIUM, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data. THE CONSORTIUM shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
- General Representation and Warranty. You represent and warrant that (i) your use of the Service will be in strict accordance with the GOT OUTDOOR Privacy Statement, with this agreement and with all applicable laws and regulations (including without limitation any local laws or regulations in your country, state, city, or other governmental area, regarding online conduct and acceptable content, and including all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the European Union or the country in which you reside) and (ii) your use of the Service will not infringe or misappropriate the intellectual property rights of any third party.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless THE CONSORTIUM, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the platform, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
- Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between THE CONSORTIUM and you, the user, concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of THE CONSORTIUM, or by the posting by THE CONSORTIUM of a revised version. If any part of this agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the party’s original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof.